Tax Hints For Executives On The Move

Now take a fast look at your real estate taxes. If you are selling your house and moving, there are all sorts of special services these days to assist in making a move easier. Like the service outfits (often representing real estate agents) that help you relocate in a new city.

But there's no service to help you with the tax complications of switching residences - except for your accountant and possibly the Internal Revenue Service itself. So it behoves the transferred executive (today's chronic house-jumper), the middle-aged couple seeking smaller quarters (with the kids out on their own), or the retiree going from house to apartment or condominium to bone up on real estate tax rules.... see: Tax Hints For Executives On The Move